Monday, July 13, 2009

THE MATH CLASSROOM BLOG


Hi guys and gals, I’m Rashmi. By profession you can say that I am a teacher or lecturer. I hold an M.Sc degree in Mathematics and also a Bachelors degree in Education.

Well I’ve been working as a lecturer in Mathematics for sometime in a reputed higher secondary school in Mumbai and you know what….? Well….. I just gave it up one fine day…..Why?......well because I felt that I wasn’t doing enough for the students……I felt that in today’s educational rat race there are several students…prospective students who many not be getting their due share of the pie.

Schools and classrooms have become but arenas or platforms for children to deliver in exams and not temples where they receive their values and education. Children are judged by the marks that they bring home and no one realises their real potentials and inclinations.

An average school going child today is not only burdened by the load amount of tuitions and extra classes but also has to stay up to the heavy expectations of their parents and peers.

As a teacher who was once a student myself I realise the torment & trauma children are put through in life’s Reality show……

By now you must be thinking ……….. oh!…yeah sure!…right! all these things are good to read in an essay on the state of education in India today….but what can be done…..

Well I’ve been thinking of how I could do my bit in this state of affairs…well heres what I’ve come up with……

How about I provide a platform for all students where the subject comes to them instead of you going to the subject…..confused……? To simply put it... How does free daily online maths tuition sound to you….ok…ok.. i can hear….what? Free? Wait a minute..?That cant be true…..etc..etc…

I introduce to you “THE MATH CLASSROOM BLOG” yes you guessed it…it’s a free online math blog where I deal with your classroom topics in math on a daily basis. Well first I would like to draw your interests to the subject and if I get your attention I’m sure that you would follow on with the coming chapters…more over…I would like to take it a step further…if you have any doubts, requests and even suggestions on how I could make the blog better….please mail me at yourmathsteacher@gmail.com and I would be more than happy to reply…..

SO…what do you say shall we get cracking………?

No comments:

Post a Comment